Reopening concert in the Colosseum Arena
Concert in the Colosseum Arena at 12:30
Students from the Conservatorio di Santa Cecilia, with Maestro Stella Parenti and Maestro Massimo Sabatini
On-site, for Colosseum visitors
Online, on the @parcocolosseo Facebook and Youtube accounts
The Parco archeologico del Colosseo is reopening to the public on Monday, 1 February 2021: well-aware of art’s ability to help us overcome difficult moments such as the one that we are all experiencing, the students of the Conservatorio di Santa Cecilia will be holding a concert in the Colosseum arena at 12:30.
The event is the PArCo’s gift both to the visitors who will physically cross the threshold to join us for our grand reopening as well as to all of our at-home public, who continue to follow the numerous events and activities promoted across PArCo social media. Viewers at home will be able to enjoy the concert via live stream on our Facebook and YouTube pages.
Under the artistic direction of Maestro Stella Parenti, accompanied on the piano by Maestro Massimo Sabatini, conservatory students Olimpia Pagni (soprano), Sara Tiburzi (mezzosoprano) and Marco Ciardo (tenor) will perform a selection of celebrated arias, from Mozart to Delibes, as a sign of our hope for a new beginning, including an arrangement of “La vie en rose” by Édith Piaf.
- From “Così fan tutte” by W.A. Mozart: Un’aura amorosa
- From “La bohème” by G. Puccini: Quando meno vo’
- From “Carmen” by G. Bizet: Habanera
- From “Lakmé” by Léo Delibes: Flower duet
- From “La Rondine” by G. Puccini: Chi il bel sogno di Doretta
- From “Samson and Delilah” by C. Saint-Saëns: Mon cœur s’ouvre à ta voix
- “La vie en rose” by Édith Piaf, arranged for three voices
- From “La Traviata” by G. Verdi: Brindisi